Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Bitten by the loach bug

Posted By: Hyde <Hyde@unforgettable.com>
Date: Friday, 16 March 2001, at 9:37 p.m.

I've been thinking about getting some clown loaches off and on for some time now. I would keep trying to come up with reasons why i didn't want to get any at this time...tank was too new/hadn't cycled 100%...tank finished cycling...tank would be to small as they grew...got another, larger tank...I'm going to have a school of cories in the tank, I don't need more bottom feeders...and so on. But, in spite of my rationalizing reasons not to get clown loaches, I still deep down wanted to have them in my tank. Well, this afternoon, I stopped by my lfs to buy some wendetti for my 55 and to check and see how the M. Praecox in stock looked. I walked out the door with the plant I wanted. But as you can probably guess, the fish that came home with me were not rainbows, but three small clown loaches.