Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

California Rolling Blackouts

Posted By: Ashley Loachclip
Date: Tuesday, 20 March 2001, at 10:15 a.m.

Well, this stupid state has finally gotten around to rolling blackouts in my area now. They are now turing the power off in 2 hour intervals. I'm not sure how long this will go on for or how often I will be affected. My question is how does it affect your tanks good bacteria in the bio-media? I am running 2 backfilters which restart when the power goes back on. I have been running Cell-Bio Pore in place of the standard Whisper bio-pads, with great success. Also I have 20 Bio-Chem Stars both inside the foam filters and loose in the back filter. It's warm enough here so my temp will be OK for that long. Is there enough oxygen in the water to keep the good bacteria happy? Everything checked out fine last night and they all ate very well today. This whole thing pisses me off anyway and now they want to mess with my fish! Thanks to all who can help. Steve