Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Forum Poll - Loach group numbers

Posted By: Tam Orr <tam.orr@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tuesday, 20 March 2001, at 3:52 p.m.

We all know that loaches are generally gregarious but what ammount of each loach is best?

Clowns - 5 or more to give a shoal prefrably odd numbers to prevent natural paring?

Khuli - are not shoaling but if they have the company of a group they will be out and play more?

Orange finned loaches - 3 or more as they are quite 'snappy' and it prevents a single loach being picked on?

Zebra loaches - I have two together but they are quite active with each other - a little bit of snapping

Horsefaced loaches - I have two but it strikes me that they would like to be lying on the gravel with a few more buddies!

Yo yo loach - I have one little guy at the moment but how many friends would he like? I was hopeing to get some pale grey 'pakistani' loaches will they