Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Moving Clown to New Tank

Posted By: Linda <soybean44@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, 31 March 2001, at 7:45 p.m.

My 55 gal tank is finally cycled (fishless)
Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates all 0. Temp 80F in new and old tank.

I moved some cories, and a clown loach that had been in a tank together to the new tank. I have tried twice and everytime the clown acts like it is dying. It lies on the bottom with its body bent. Doesn't try to get away when netting it to move back to the other tank. Once it is back in the original tank it lies on its side for about 5 min then then gets up and acts fine.

I also moved 3 clowns from a different tank into the 55gal and they are doing great. The first time I moved the clown, the other clowns were not in the tank. My husband tried later moving it again after the other clowns had been added thinking maybe it would be excited to see them, but that didn't work.