Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

HUGE beaufortia is dead!!!

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Sunday, 1 April 2001, at 6:56 p.m.

That beautiful huge beaufortia I just bought is dead! Something in the tank killed it. This morning, it had a couple of small wounds on it. I watched it all day, and it seemed a little stressed, but nothing serious. I didn't see another fish make any attempt to harm it. It just sat on a rock near the front of the tank, in the current flow, as they will do. Finally, I went to the store for about 45min and when I came back, it was in the back of the tank, dead with numerous wounds on it. I'm not sure who did it. There is a leptobotia in the tank that had a bit of an attitude and fought with some of the others, when I first got them. Since, then, he seems to have mellowed out.