Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

dead Kuhli Loach full of eggs...

Posted By: Regina <regina@wnclink.com>
Date: Tuesday, 3 April 2001, at 2:11 p.m.

Well, my big Kuhli Loach that I've had since setting up my tank over a pear ago has passed on. :( I moved her from my 30 gallon to my 55 gallon about a month ago, where she (along with 3 other Kuhlis) was doing very well. I didn't notice how fat she wass till I had gotten her moved to the 55 gallon, then started to notice how rounded 7 fat her belly seemed. Well, all was well, till I got up Sunday morning to find her lying lifeless on the bottom near her favorite piece of driftwood... I was really curious to see if she was carrying eggs, & upon removing her body & opening her belly, thousands of eggs came out. Did I cause this when moving her? Maybe the stress of moving, or something? She looked about ready to burst, but as I said, she was eating & seemed very comfortab