Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Thanks guys...all of you

Posted By: Deb(Eastern Canada)
Date: Wednesday, 4 April 2001, at 5:08 p.m.

Steve, I am going to pick up some Aquarisol and keep it on hand. I really appreciate all the suggestions and answers you have all given me. I am learning fast. I will now have experience with treating a bacterial infection. I came home today and my pleco is all swollen. I don't know if this is what killed my clowns. They weren't swollen. I am using Sera baktopur direct that I had used for a bacterial infection with my Orandas. (half dose of course.) The box says one of the symptoms is dark patches. The clowns developed a dark patch on their head as they got sick, but one of them actually had it when I bought them. I questioned the guy at the lfs about the spot and he said it was just their coloring. Would it take over 3 weeks for a bacterial infection to kill a clown? Have any of you come across this before?
Thanks, Deb.