Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Sick fish!

Posted By: Scott_DFW <petrol@connect.net>
Date: Wednesday, 4 April 2001, at 6:09 p.m.

Hi all, this is my first post ever to what seems like a very, very good forum. Nice people, and active!

Anyway, this doesnt pertain to a clown (although I have 3 in the tank with em). It is one of my 3 Cinnamon Dwarf Gouramis. He has a bloated appearance, almost cartoon-like. It looks as if it swallowed a marble or something and has this exaggerated round belly. It props itself in the plants, and/or rests against the bottom all the time, whereas all the gouramis are always active and never seem to sit still. I have watched it (her?) for about a week now...the gills, eyes, and mouth all look fine, breathing doesnt seem labored. The water is chemically perfect, and 75-78F. These little guys are about a year old, and are about 1.75"-2.25" long. Only effecting this one fish, everyone else seems fine!

Please let me know what you