|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (3)
Posted By: Regina <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, 9 April 2001, at 2:44 p.m.
Well, I returned from a long weekend away, to find my 55 gallon tank with totally green water... I had left my mom taking care of it, (I had correct amounts of food set aside, & told her to leave the lights on for 12 hrs a day). She says they were on for no more than the 12 hours, and only fed the given amounts. I did a 40-50 % water change, and it cleared a little, but is still pretty green.. I noticed algae growth on several plants also. All the fish seem fine, as well as other water parameters. Temp is 80F, PH 6.8, Nitrites 0, Nitrates around 20-40 PPM, Amonia 0..... Is the tank getting too much light?? It's in the bedroom, so it gets a lot of morning light, and the tank lights are turned on 8AM-8PM (I have 110 watts of light, using Compact Flourescent lights 6500K) Is this just an algae bloom?? If so,