Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Sick Dojos

Posted By: asylum23 <asylum23@earthlink.net>
Date: Wednesday, 11 April 2001, at 10:40 p.m.

Hello, I'm new to owning Dojo Loaches, but I tried to research them before buying any so that the tank would be good for them. Well last week I bought 2 guys of about 4 inches at the LFS. Within a day one had become very still and then died. So I returned him and got another. Now one of those guys keeps turning on his side like he can't right himself properly. He's also opening and closing his mouth very exaggerated as if he can't breath well. I have checked my water again and it is within the range for them. Could these Dojos be coming from the store sick? Or could I be doing something wrong? They are already 4 inches so it seems weird that when they get to my tank they get sick. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.