Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clown Loaches and Penicillin - long question

Posted By: Ken <kgj41@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 12 April 2001, at 9:31 a.m.

Does anyone know if Clown Loaches are particularly sensitive to penicillin? I'm treating two clown loaches for ich with Malachite Plus (Malachite Green and Formalin) in my sick tank. In the same tank I have a powder blue dwarf gourami with pop eye and a corydoras catfish recovering from fin rot. Before the loaches went into the tank, I had treated the gourami and corydoras first with Melafix for 10 days (no change), then with Maracyn Two for 7 days (no change), then with Tetracycline for 7 days (3 days along with the Maracyn Two)--still no change! Not any better, not really worse. Hard to tell if anything is working on the corydoras, either. Finally decided they had had enough and I'd just to do daily 50% water changes (had been doing 50