Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Tank Bred Clown Loaches

Posted By: Stuart
Date: Wednesday, 18 April 2001, at 7:10 p.m.

I haven't posted in this forum in some time. Maybe someone can help me with this.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the May, 2000 issue of Aquarium Fish there was a very short writing in Chuck Davis' column (an inset box) about a person that was breeding Clown Loaches. His son had gone to college and he was now taking care of his son's fish. His problem was that the fish (Clowns) kept breeding and he couldn't get rid of them. Chuck supposedly put him in contact with a distributor that took care of that problem. I had tried contacting the Aquarium Fish Editor with some questions and they forwarded the message to Chuck who responded (this was in July 2000) below:

"Dear Stuart,
Thank you for your interest in this article. As stated in the article, Bob has a situation most aquarists would give their right arm for. I would like to answer some of your questions as I remember the answers:
tank size: 55
filter: undergr