Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

do I have LEECHES??? (kinda longish..)

Posted By: Regina <regina@wnclink.com>
Date: Thursday, 19 April 2001, at 9:31 a.m.

Well, I'm still here trying to combat my green water problem, and it is nearly cleared up now, I think a few more days and I'll have a hold on it... So, as I was changing 30% of the water last night, I dug the gravel vacuum way to the bottom of the 4-5 inches of gravel, and to my suprise saw a black wormy looking critter being sucked into the bucket!! It definitely has a suction mouth, and appeared to use its mouth to move itself about... It was able to stretch its body from the 1/2 inch I originally saw(was nice & plump at this size) to around 3 inches!! So.... my question is this.. What is this invading creature, and where did he come from?????

Is this a LEECH?? If so, what can I do to make sure I don't have any more?? Is this like really a bad