Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

2001 Dojo diving competition.........

Posted By: jim <jdebonis@rocketmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 25 April 2001, at 3:35 a.m.

My largest weather loach took a dive out of the new tank I placed them in. The only possible way he could have gotten out was to push the tank lid up or jump between the power filter and the lid (very small space!). Nevertheless he got out onto the floor.

The bad news is I have 3 cats who love to sit by the tank and exchange glares with the loaches. I was walking through the living room and heard a commotion in the tank after lights out. After investigating, I noticed I was one large loach short (kind of hard for him to hide). The others were missing him I think?! I looked on the floor and there he was. He was flopping alot and had managed to dry himself out pretty good. I placed him in a bowl of water to clean him off to prevent him from tak