Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Moved weather loaches outside

Posted By: chisky
Date: Sunday, 6 May 2001, at 5:58 p.m.

Well not exactly outside but to a tub on my enclosed back porch. They are in with my guppies. The water is pretty cold, around 68 will probably go no lower than 65 because I put a heater in the tub until the temps stay up for the summer.

I would like to try to breed them. I have 3. I do not really know how to sex them but I have 2 which are always together. The 3rd is in the group off and on without problem, but there is definitely a pair formed for some reason.

Both are a pretty gold speckled on top and a chocolate brown on the bottom. At one time I thought they might be breeding, the one I thought was a male had a peach colored spot on the top of his head and along his sides. The other was very broad in the belly.

I was hoping that if this is a pair putting them outside now