Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

newby enjoying the heck out of these nuts

Posted By: Connie4567 <CFurcolow@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 22 May 2001, at 11:33 p.m.

I started with bettas as an Xmas gift this past December; added more; couldn't resist some bronze cory cats; then I saw this skinny striped torpedo in a tank -- botia lochata. Total impulse buy -- stupid, I know. I moved my most placid betta who'd been living with a, uh, brain-challenged cory, into a big new tank with the yo-yo....and a snail... Now I DID provide lots of hiding places -- driftwood and a splendid 3-story castle.

Status so far: snail remained closed constantly until I noticed the loach doing some nibbling and found this link and starting reading --- whoops! Snail went to another tank. The betta has been vaccuumed by the loach -- I think he was too stunned by the affrontery to respond; besides, the betta likes to play "I'm a moray eel" in the castle. This site also re