Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Failed Filter/Pump

Posted By: Graham <graham008@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2001, at 10:49 a.m.

Yesterday while I was at work my Enhiem filter stopped. I have a 40Gal tank. I suspect it was most of the day, as when I came back the water looked like pea soup and had a most ghastly smell. I put the filter outlet tube into a very big bucket and started to empty the tank with the now working pump. I got the tank down to < 40% full, and continued draining through the filter while adding 3 buckets into the top. In this way I changed most of the water. Then I filled the tank up. One of my wee orange tetras died during the night but the 5 clowns, the yoyo, neons and 4 tiger barbs were ok. How long will it be before things are back to normal filter-wise ? I plan on doing larger than normal water changes until I find out more.
Thanks 2 U all