Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

How to wean yoyos off bloodworm only meal

Posted By: Shiho <transnak@one.net.au>
Date: Tuesday, 5 June 2001, at 1:58 a.m.

Hi there. I have posted only once in the past (about the tank size for clowns) but I read this Forum nearly everyday and appreciate the good info here.

Now that I have moved my 4 clown loaches to my new bigger tank from the old 20G, for the old 20G tank, I have got myself two yoyo loaches and two bristlenose catfish, as well as zebra danios as dither fish.

The problem is, the yoyos ("Vovo"-4cmSL and "Yoyo"-3.5cmSL) only eat frozen bloodworms and nothing but. I give everyone algae wafer, shrimp pellet, flake food, frozen zuccini, dried tubifixworm, the works. It has been 2 weeks since I got the yoyos but the only thing they eat or show interest at all, is frozen bloodworms. I would like to wean them off this bloodworm-only diet, and want