Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Brown flap on fish

Posted By: Chisky
Date: Tuesday, 5 June 2001, at 7:04 a.m.

I bought the gold dojo. He had been at the lfs for 2 weeks and I had him on layaway for 4 more days.

When I saw him at the shop he looked like he had a brown spot on his tail. When I brought him home last night I noticed it wasn't a spot. It is attatched at one end lays flat at some time and is errect at others. It is best described as a semi-circle that was torn out of brown paper very irregular edges.

It is not a fin. It is located in a position where no fin would be, in a place that would produce drag when it swims.

I looked in my books for what kind of parasite it might be. It definitely is not anything in my books, not a leech, a fish louse, a worm of some kind.

Actually my gut tells me it is a scab that covered a wound that is mostly healed and is in the process of falling off with just