Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Real Rocks and Driftwood for My Tank

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 10 June 2001, at 10:51 a.m.

Up until now I've been using the "fake" rock type decorations for my 20 gallon high tank, but they don't really provide the kind of cover my Loaches like. In fact the trio pretty much hangs out all day inside this little ceramic log the evicted my 8" Pleco from, and he's not very happy either.

So, I want to change my tank decorations and replace them all with natural rock and some driftwood. I was at Petland the other day and saw that they sell bulk rocks of may different types.

The ones I can remember off hand were: Sandstone, petrified wood, something that looked like granite or marble, something that looked like quartz, some flat grey rocks that I think were shale, and other rocks that were also flat but red in color.

Which of these are safe to