Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Is a 10 gal tank too small for a pair of Yoyos?

Posted By: BrianLaws <bhlaws@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 11 July 2001, at 4:31 p.m.

Hi, all!

I've got a question for you: would a 10g tank be too small for a pair of yoyo loaches? You see, I've currently got 3 (one around 3.5", another around 3", and another around 2.5") in my 29g, but my wife offered the idea of changing my 29 to a Malawi tank (something I'd _love_ to do). I've got 2 10g tanks as well with nothing in them. So, could I get away with a pair in them? I'd have each pair with a pair of Ameca splendens. They are acually rather inactive when I'm home (who knows what they do other times!), so they may not need the space.

I think the answer is likely to be no, I can't. I would hate to give them away or trade them in, but a Malawi tank (4-5 smaller, less aggressive mbuna) sure is tempting!