Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Eclipse problem...

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Thursday, 12 July 2001, at 7:27 p.m.

I have two Eclipse systems and am very pleased with them overall. They are great if you have to have tanks in a limited space. Yesterday, however, I had a weird thing happen and thought I'd pass it on. The 10 gallon Eclipse I have is on the bottom of a 20 gal stand and therefore harder to service, but not too bad. The cartridge had gotten a bit clogged quicker than normal and the water level in the filter tray was very high. Apparently overnight, one of the schisturas in the tank bumped the intake tube and the incoming water began to trickle over the back of the filter/hood combo. By morning the tank was about a gallon low. Apparently all soaked up by my carpet. While this seemed to take a combination of circumstances, I just wanted to war