Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Continuation of medication?

Posted By: Chisky
Date: Saturday, 21 July 2001, at 1:44 p.m.

OK, the levamisol worked wonders. After a couple of hours the fish were breathing normally and out and about swimming.

That is when the clown loaches came out and I saw they were covered with ich. So far I have lost 2 maybe 3. I haven't found a body, and two look very much alike so I'm not sure if I'm only seeing one at a time.

The question is this. On Monday I started giving the tank 1 half dose of Quick Cure a day. So far I've seen little or no improvement in the ich on the clowns, with the last fish dying yesterday.
Someone on the freshwater forum suggested I increase the dose to 2 half doses a day.

What do you think? Should I switch to another medicine. I've almost finished a bottle. Should I just keep treating with it until there is no further evidence of the ich, th