Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Robusta draws blood but gets bagged anyway

Posted By: robroy <robroy220@netscape.net>
Date: Tuesday, 24 July 2001, at 10:30 p.m.

Just returned home from P***mart (where my son is now working)with a new loach.They were calling it a "golden zebra loach" with a scientific name of botia robusta.There was only one and my son had it reserved for me.He netted it and put it into a container but, before he could get it into the bag,it jumped out.When he picked it up,it stabbed him,and he bled all over the floor.Claims that it was the first time that that had ever happened to him and now he's calling it an "evil" loach.

The loach looks quite innocent to me...it looks just like the last three photos by Ken childs under "botia robusta" in the loach index.

It also looks just like the second photo by Max Gribbs under "botia superciliaris" in the index.

I'm not sure if all of the pics are where they are supposed to be now or what? Maybe Mike O can clear things up for me.Anyway,from what I've read,I'm hoping that it is in fact a robusta.If a robusta is that bad a superciliaris must really be something!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.