Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Saw a pretty Raspberry Botia any idea what it is?

Posted By: Chisky
Date: Thursday, 26 July 2001, at 10:31 p.m.

This new fish store, the first time I've been there has a tank full of fish called Raspberry and Blueberry Botias. They look very similar except for the color. One is a raspberry, purple and the other light blue. They are shaped similar to a clown loach.

The LFS was really uninformed, I asked him what it was and he said, it says there a botia, I said yes but what kind, and he said loach. I said what species, he said I don't know why do you want to know. I asked him how big it got and he held his hands apart about 10". I said about the same size as a full grown clown and he said no a lot bigger.

Then I wanted to get a female fiddler crab for my husband, and I had to tell him how to sex them.

I'm not sure if I'm going back for those