Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Yoyo vs. Angel of Death

Posted By: Chisky
Date: Tuesday, 31 July 2001, at 6:45 p.m.

I put my 4 new 2" yoyos in with Popeye, the Angel of Death. His body is as large as the palm of my hand without the fins being included. I wear a womans extra large glove. Not a small dainty hand either.

Anyway, yesterday when I fed the fish, I gave them some black worms. They drifted to the bottom of the tank, where the yoyo's were chowing down. Popeye wanted more and he went down and moved a loach aside with his nose. He didn't bite it or anything, just pushed it aside and ate the worm.

Any way, he went back to his mid-level and the little loach went after him. He tried to look him in the eye, which I thing had to be impossible because he was at mouth level with the Angel. Anyway, the angel did his semi-flare and go forward move. The loach didn't back down, he swam up to the Angels mou