Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

FINROT - help!

Posted By: Nicki <Nickiw@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 5 August 2001, at 6:37 a.m.

Hi
Problem with finrot. Probably my own fault as I bought 2 new weather loach in early June which had others in the tank at the shop with some kind of bacterial disease. The 2 I bought looked ok. However, 1 developed a complaint eating away its head and died 2 days later. The other is fine. The old inhabitants, 6 healthy weather loaches, remained fine, until last week when 1 of them, Sean, developed finrot, his tail was completely gone and he died before the treatment could work.

Feel very guilty . I am a supposedly experienced fishkeeper and have brought this dreadful disease into my tank, putting all my babies at risk. Now Charlie has one ventral fin gone completely. Have treated tank with tetra finrot remedy.

Any ideas