Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Dark eyes and blindness!!??

Posted By: Alekandar Vidakovic <draganan@bn.rstel.net>
Date: Friday, 10 August 2001, at 11:19 a.m.

Dear loach-lovers,

I have a problem with one of my loaches, clown loach, and I would appreciate you help.

My loach is 2 years old, 8 cm long. During last few months it has been unusually shy, and refused to come out from her hideout until the light was off.
Five days ago I noticed that its eyes are cloudy and dark, and after longer examination found out that it is completely blind.
It has some skin damages on the head, probably caused by its bumping into things around.
This loach is the biggest fish in the tank and there is no possibility that some other fish caused the damage.

I would appreciate any information that might help me. What should I do or is there anything that I can do? Is there any treatment that might help my fish?

Yours sen