Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Blue loach/modesta?

Posted By: Christine <giblaut@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, 11 August 2001, at 12:52 a.m.

Hi, I was lucky enough to discover this forum today and enjoyed reading about some of my favorite loaches. When I went to my LFS on my way home from work, to my suprise, they had these red-finned, blue-bodied loaches--the modesta, I presume? This was the first time I had ever seen them. These looked very healthy and are a beautiful steel blue with orange/red fins (no stripes).

Anyway, they had a bunch there--about 10 or 15 all about 2.5-3 inches. The guy at the store said they were fairly aggressive and would grow to be large. I liked them, so I bought two. :) Right now, they are in a 20 gallon tall with a 2.5 sailfin pleco, 2 kuhlis, 4 dwarf gourami and 2 small (1.5 inch?) angels. I plan on buying a larger tank in the next month or so (I'm looking at a 36in 50 gallon).

So, my question is, how agg