Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Abdominal Dropsy? not sure...

Posted By: Regina <regina@wnclink.com>
Date: Wednesday, 15 August 2001, at 1:56 p.m.

I have a 55 gallon tank with 7 Clown Loaches, 2 Botia Modesta, 1 large Pleco & 2 Chinese Algae Eaters... Over the last few days I started to notice one of the CAEs belly looked somewhat swollen. This morning, I noticed that also the scales are starting to protrude from the body and he's just not acting normal. I immediately moved him to the hospital tank. What I was wondering is will this affect my Clowns or other fish, even though he is not in the tank anymore? All the other fish seem to be happy & healthy, so I assume that's a good sign. Do I need to treat my tank with anything? Or at least is there any treatment for the dropsy or whatever in the one infected CAE?? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to loose any of my Clowns & other fish..

Regina