Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Sexual Dimorphism

Posted By: Joe Parmenter <sonicriot13@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 23 August 2001, at 12:55 p.m.

Hey,
I hope all is well with everyone and their fish. Dave said that the old way of sexing Clowns using caudal fin shape was nonsense. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on any obvious sexual dimorphism present in this species. Why did you decide that the method I described in my article was unreliable?

As for my book, I'm not sure it is anything to get too excited about yet. Needless to say after this magazine article fiasco I am going to take my time with it. I want it to be as comprehensive as possible. It is beyond the means of one man to describe every aspect of every part of loach keeping. Anyone who wants to discuss points with me, share their experiences, or check material