Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Would H/F and Khuli loaches like sand?

Posted By: Tam Orr <tam.orr@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tuesday, 28 August 2001, at 9:47 a.m.

I am doing a major reorganisation after spending my savings on a 80gal clearseal tank and unit. I have a 30 gal currently unoccupied tank that will be housing a red finned albino shark, 9 khulis, 4 Horsefaced loaches, 3 yo - yo loaches a golden sucking loach, and 3 Skunk loaches and prehaps my barbs (all living together quite happily in smaller quarters at the moment).

My horsefaced and Khuli loaches spend a lot of time in the substrate and I thought they might prefer a mix of coral sand and sand - or would this be too fine?

I lost a large family of horsefaced loaches in one day a while back and the only explination I could come up with was (as the levcels were ok in the tank) that they had 'burrowed' through some pockets of nastyness within