Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clown Loach Longevity

Posted By: mrreal3 <Dwpthnkstrkssk@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 2 September 2001, at 7:29 p.m.

I have some 20 year old Clown Loaches, 5 to be exact. They're about 3 inches long and are in a 60 gallon aquarium with an under gravel filter and a whisper outside filter. I change 3/4 of the water monthly and keep the temperature at about 80 degrees. They get brine shrimp, blood worms and flake food usually feading them at the most every other day. I'm wondering just how long they'll live? I've had a lot of success with them and have only lost a few over the years mostly to the dreaded velvet disease but have cured them about 3 different times. I have 9 more smaller ones in a 29 gallon tank with the same set up and care. They are my favorite fish and I'm interested in your experiences wit