Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Lost 1 of the Baby Clowns

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 9 September 2001, at 3:45 p.m.

One of the 3 baby clowns died this afternoon. He was the skinny one of the 3 and had shown some serious signs of stress in the store after he was netted. But there was no way I was going to take the other 3 and just leave him behind to be the only loach in the store.

He stopped eating this morning and began having trouble staying upright. On the post mortem netting I noticed he had some red streaks on his body. I'm thinking he already had some sort of internal infection brewing and that a new home and ich just pushed him over the edge.

I'm still treating the others for ich (using Aquatronics Clear Ich) and started them on Tetra anti-bacterial flake. I'm glad I hoarded a couple of cans because they don't make it or their anti-parasite food anymore.

Keep your fingers crossed.