Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

bulge of belly

Posted By: susan diehl <comgliche@earthlink.net>
Date: Saturday, 15 September 2001, at 1:24 p.m.

I bought my third clown loach last week, and the cashier had dropped it about a foot, it has layed around until yesterday and has become more active. I immediately placed stresscoat and melafix in with it. but I have noticed it may have a mild bulge under its midsection just before the fins, it is just over 1 1/2 inches so I am slightly concerned. I only feed my fish in the evenings so I don't believe it gorged itself, however I do have an aquarium with live plants. The other thing I need to know is how big do they have to be to reach sexual maturity, because I may be confusing my new one with the one I bought several weeks ago and that one spent the first few days alone and has since become inseparable with a 3 inch clown loach I have. So my dilema is I'm not sure which of the 1 1/2 inch loaches has t