Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Loaches have become very shy..

Posted By: Bob Mosher <bobmosh@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Saturday, 15 September 2001, at 5:44 p.m.

Greetings,

I hope this posting finds everyone safe and well..

I have 4 loaches, 3 ~2" and 1 3". They used to come out a lot more and now basically hide all day. They don't come out to feeding until the evening when the lights are turned off. If they come out during the day they scamper for cover if I, or anyone in my family, gets at all close to the tank. The big one (Bozo) doesn't come out at all during the day now. I love these fish, BUT rarely see them. I've had them for about 3 weeks now. Will they get more comfortable as time goes on? Should I buy more so they have a bigger group? So many of you talk about hand feeding yours and them going crazy at feeding time. I don't get that reaction at all and I just want to be sure I'm doing everything r