Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Dyed Modestas :(

Posted By: Elf <lin@totalchange.com>
Date: Saturday, 22 September 2001, at 12:12 p.m.

I have just got back from what should have been a great fish shop. Instead they had poor dyed modestas and tiger barbs, and clowns and skunks that looked like they were at death's door. They also had one of those central filtration systems which circulates water through all the tanks, half of which had ich or dropsy. WHY!!!!!??? The staff all seemed pretty knowlegable - but if they really were would they keep loaches in bare tanks and 3 ghost knives in the same tank? Their marine fish (not that I know a lot about these) all looked healthy and colourful. Sorry to moan but that's got me really angry - they didn't seem to be treating the sick fish and were quite happy to still be selling them. Why do shops bother get