Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

New Medication from Mardel Labs?

Posted By: Cybermeez <Cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 26 September 2001, at 10:54 p.m.

In my never ending quest to find a medication that really won't kill the biological filter bed in my tanks, I've run across a new one from Mardel.

Does anyone have experience with Mardel's line of BioSpheres medications? They make one that is an antibiotic, one that is an herbal stress reducer and another that is a plant nutrient.

I just got the antibiotic one though haven't used it since my fish are already in the middle of a course of medicated flake and and CopperSafe. Hopefully the CopperSafe will eradicate the parasite they have and the antibiotic flake will ward off any secondary infections and I won't need to use the new Mardel medication for a while. Nevertheless I wanted to see if anyone here has first hand experience with these products and how well it performed.

It's pretty new produc