Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

need advice on setting a new tank for hillstream

Posted By: Matt <jejaka_segak_kacak_lagi_menarik@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thursday, 27 September 2001, at 2:48 p.m.

Okay, before anyone goes, we already had publish tonnes of articles about this, my new tank ( just bought two just now 4'x 1.5 x 1.5' ). One is to be a carnivor tank ( clown knife, birchir, wallago attu, and alligator gar ) and the other is to be a community tank for river biotope ( this is where your help is needed ).
There's a place that sells gastromyzon puntulatus for about RM3 and i was thinking about keeping them. Now can anyone tell me how to:

1. keep the aquarium water cool with any addtional costs?

2. the suitable layout for my aquarium size.

3. is powerful water movement is mandatory?

4. what can i keep as tankmates?

5. how many fish is too many for my tank?

6. what to feed and how to feed them ( gastromyzon puntulatus and kin )?

7. can i use oxygen crystals ( the kind that people put in airtight bottles and for keeping small fish in airtight container ) to boost my water oxygen level ?

8. must it be a planted tank?

9. how long should i wait before i can even start to keep the gastromyzon species becos i know normal fish need mature water ( at least left standing for 1 week ) but these cuties are more than your average fish, right? I'm rushing here, becos the fishes arrived last 2 weeks ago and i think most of them will reach the point of no turning back ( transport trauma, drastic temperature change trauma, stravation, etc. ) So please hurry guys, an aquariumful of cuties at stake here ;).
well that's all for now, becos i'm going to clean the pebbles i've got.... so much work... so much work ;).

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index |