Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clown markings (yet again!)

Posted By: Elf <lin@totalchange.com>
Date: Monday, 8 October 2001, at 4:15 p.m.

I have just aquired the most peculiar looking little Clown I have ever seen. It is definatley a clown but it does not have the middle black band / saddle that almost all other Clowns have. Instead it has a black stripe along it's back like a skunk loach!!! Of course I had to have it so it and a little friend (with a spot between his 2nd and 3rd stripes - what a find!) are now in quarantine. The only problem is they are tiny, only 2 cm long and look so fragile they could be blown away by a gust of water!! As soon as I can get hold of a digital camera I'll post some pics if people are interested.

Has anyone else come across this kind of marking on their clowns? What strangely marked clowns do people have?

Elf