Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

My Botia Striatus died.

Posted By: Tim Gibson <funcrew@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 15 October 2001, at 10:48 a.m.

One week ago, I bought home 4 Botia Lucas Bahi (scoff if you gotta), 2 Botia Hymenophysa, and 1 Botia Striata (all there was in the LFS tank). New guys were split into community 10 gal and 20 gal tanks.

The B. Striata went into my 20g long, with YoYo loaches, zebra danios, corys, and several of the tiger botias. He spent his time exploring the full vertical height of the tank walls, plants, etc., but did not eat well.

On Wednesday, I transferred all the Botias to the 20 gallon, and moved the zebra danios and corys to the 10 gallon, as the community fish in both tanks had gone into paranoia, shock, and panic (not to mention being torn to pieces) when the Botias were introduced.

The 2 types of tiger botias and the YoYo's got along marvelously together, however Mr. B. Striata did not j