Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Re: sick weather loaches

Posted By: Sandy <sandy@microbuttons.com>
Date: Monday, 15 October 2001, at 11:13 a.m.

I have isolated my loaches, lowered the water temperature to below 75o, and am treating them with an antibiotic solution (sorry,I'm at work and don't have the name) but it is supposed to be effective against dropsy and other things. (I will get the name of the medication and post it here - as well as keep you up-to-date on how they are doing.)

Anyway, the one whose skin was cracking looks MUCH better, and is thin again. Her skin seems to be healing up. The other is somewhat smaller, but he is still quite thick through the middle. He has had this affliction for a much longer time, so perhaps it will take longer to help. I am hoping I was not too late - but things do appear better so