Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

worms again gotta stop loaching

Posted By: unhappy loachkeeper!!!!!!
Date: Saturday, 3 November 2001, at 8:40 p.m.

I have an Acanthocobitis/Neomachilus?botia that has been getting thinner every week.I observed that it doesn't go after the frozen bloodworms as eagerly anymore either.This second fact has me convinced that the fish has internal parasites.I don't have access to Flubendazole oblets locally.I do have access to Fluke Tabs and own some discus medication that contains Di-N-Butyl Stanate.The directions state that this stuff is effective against capilaria etc...Should I try the Fluke Tabs?I think the Fluke tabs contain organophosphates.Are loaches among the fishes that are sensitive to this?I lost a Noemacheilus notostigma? with similar symptoms a few years ago.I am thinking of just leaving the fish in the cleanest water possible(planted tank) and simply hoping for the best.If this fish dies anyway perhaps I will avoid keeping loaches in the future.They do seem