Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Tips on feeding G. punctulatus

Posted By: Hans
Date: Monday, 5 November 2001, at 6:21 a.m.

Hi everyone,

although I haven`t been quite successful in keeping flossensaugers of the broad Gastromyzon type (Homaloptera do fairly well), recently IT got stronger than me and I got two G. punctulatus. However I`m witnessing the same problem as I did with my G. ctenocephalus and Beaufortia: the fish do not eat! For some reason they do not leave the glass of the tank even if theres a lot of food lying close to the glass on the bottom of the tank. I`m feeding with red and black mosquito larvae, Tetra Tank Nibblers, PlecoMin tablets and flake food with high vegetarian content. They seem to smell the stuff and get close to the gravel however they do not leave the glass and cannot get to the food therefore. Has anybody some tips about this? I have recently added glass petri dish to the tank to put the food in however it is not accepted. Or am I feeding the wrong stuff?

TIA, Han