Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Botia beauforti Suicide :( *PIC*

Posted By: Tim Gibson <funcrew@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 8 November 2001, at 3:18 p.m.

Last night I moved my loach tank fish into a 48-quart Igloo cooler on the Kitchen counter, with a Penguin 170 filter, and started a total tank overhaul (phosphates from substrate kitty litter were leaching into the water column - algae city).

This morning, my wife called and said she found a dried out YoYo loach lying on the kitchen floor. Since so many "miracle recovery" stories are posted here at LOL, I had her throw him back into the tank, just in case.

So, at lunch, I went home to assess his health. The victim was a B. Beauforti, not a YoYo. The prognosis? Well, lets just say that my petty little problems started to look trivial compared to the kind of day Mister Berdmori was having. Now I'm down to 3. He will be missed.

I now have the cooler completely covered by a dark towel - I hope this pre