Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clown Loach Problem but not the typical one

Posted By: Charlie
Date: Monday, 12 November 2001, at 11:48 a.m.

I have a clown loach he I th ink isn't eatign much. He is very puny in the tank he was in so I moved him to a 10 gallon hospital tank. I regulary feed a variety of things but the only thing I notice either of my clowns eatign are Hikari sinking wafers. The other Clown is fine and healthy and plump but the other has lost weight.

Since moving him to the 10gal., which is also the tank I was trying to breed snails in, I have noticed that I don't see any of the little $0.10 snails I bought and the loach seems to be more active now. I am thinking from the way he is acting that he isn't getting enough to eat. His color looks fine, and he isn't showing any other sypmtoms that I can find.

What do you guys thinkg and what are some other things i should try feeding thme?

Mess