Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clowns and Discus

Posted By: annonymous <bell-tek@swbell.net>
Date: Tuesday, 20 November 2001, at 6:59 p.m.

I have been reading up on loaches and I think I made a great choice. However, I made the mistake of purchasing only one clown last night, and when I went back to the fish store today to get a couple more they had ick. I came home to check mine, and sure enough, he's been salted. I treaded with myracide and cut the dosage to 2/3 the recommended amount. I would have went to 1/2 but it looked pretty bad. I have kept loaches before and I had an undergravel filter at that time. I didn't know they needed hiding places so I had them swim down the undergravel tubes and end up under the filter bed.

This time I plan on going with 3 clown loaches for a start, and around 10 cardinal tetra, and at a later time adding 3 discus to the tank. I think this will make a nice tank. It may be a bit overcrowded, but with di