Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Need help with my loaches

Posted By: Nic and Ric <nicw@vianet.ca>
Date: Thursday, 22 November 2001, at 2:28 p.m.

Hi,
2 months ago, I noticed some spots on my loaches therefore I started to treat them for ich with coppersafe. I did this for a month. The fish still had 2-3 spots on them therefore I put salt (recommended dosage for scalessfish) and I elevated the temperature to 86 F for two weeks and I covered the tank with a blanket for 48 hours. Some spots left and 2-3 spots appeared. Then I decided to stop all medications and salt treatments. This was 3 weeks ago. My fish now have their bodies and fins covered with these weird looking spots. I notice that the spots start white grayish round small spots and then some of them goes blotchy...very weird. Everyday they get more and more of these spots and yet they still act and eat as if they're very healthy. Another description of the spots is that