Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Chisky.....

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 27 November 2001, at 12:15 p.m.

Hi Chisky,

I read in the archives that you had used Quick Cure for parasites on your Clowns, but that you used it twice a day. I'm still trying to get rid of parasites on that baby Clown and am giving Quick Cure a go. Can you tell me about the way you used it to treat your Fish? How much did you use? How many hours between doses? How many days did you have to use it? Did you do any water changes between doses?

I have also noticed that since beginning Quick Cure 2 days ago, the ammonia readings in the Q-Tank are slowly on the rise. Is it damaging the bio filter or is the Malachite Green throwing off my test kit (which goes from yelow and gets progressively greener with more ammonia)?

Thanks or your help!
Robin