Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Disappearing Clown Loach?

Posted By: Scott Nelson <raptor@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tuesday, 27 November 2001, at 12:44 p.m.

Hi all. This is my first post.

I just transfered two clown loaches that I had in a 10 Gal tank (along with 5 tetras and a corydora catfish) to a 30 Gal tank. In the new tank I put a nice ornamental "cave" that the clowns took to immediately and claimed as their own. After the first 24hrs I noticed the clowns (both of them) had been doing some digging in the gravel around the "cave". Then, when I checked the tank a short time later, I could only find one clown. I checked the plants (they've hidden on me in them before) and even lifted up the "cave" to see if one of them had dug himself completely into the gravel. I gently dug around in the gravel where the "cave" is but no sign of my other clown! He didn't somehow jump out of the tank, so I'm concerned he may have bur